If you love swoony YA Contemporary Romance novels than you will love Match Me If You Can! It’s perfect for those who enjoy light and fluffy love stories!!
A huge THANK YOU to Xresso Book Tours for letting me participate in the tour for Match Me If You Can by one of my local debut authors Tiana Smith! Check out Xpresso’s website HERE to sign up to be a tour host!
Title: Match Me If You Can
Author: Tiana Smith
Published by: Swoon Reads
Publication date: January 8th 2019
Genres: Contemporary, Romance, Young Adult
Mia’s best friend Robyn is known for her matchmaking skills, which is perfect, because homecoming is just around the corner. But Robyn refuses to set Mia up with the guy of her dreams, which forces Mia to take matters into her own hands. She uses Robyn’s matchmaking service to make sure popular Vince Demetrius falls for her.
Vince asks her out, but Mia doesn’t count on Logan, the persistent school newspaper photographer who seems to like her out of the blue. Now she has to choose between Vince – the guy she knows is right for her – and Logan, who insists that she give him a chance. And she needs to make sure Robyn doesn’t find out that Mia’s been matchmaking behind her back.
Mia has two weeks before homecoming. Can she fix the mess she made or will she have to kiss her perfect match goodbye forever?
Goodreads | Amazon | B&N | Kobo | iBooks
This book is everything I was hoping it would be! This light and fluffy YA romance was so much fun! I practically binge read it which I don’t do often so if that tells you anything…it does…it tells you to go buy this book!!
This book was like reading the script for a 2000’s rom com and I LOVED it! Mia’s friend Robin is in the business of matchmaking & Mia is determined to have her match her with her crush! When Robin refuses to match her with the person Mia believes she’s meant to be with she decides to take matters into her own hands!
Now Mia’s decision to go behind her best friends back starts to have consequences and the next thing she knows her friends have started pulling away from her. Robin tells her it’s up to Mia to fix what she did without causing any more damage to her business. Can Mia fix all the things she’s broken or will she end up alone and without her friends?
Check out this adorably fun and fluffy YA contemporary romance to find out if Mia can put everything back together and come out on top, and see who she’s actually been matched with!
- Do you think your experience as a copywriter helped you during your journey to publication? Being a copywriter taught me how to write quickly on a deadline, so that part helped. On the whole though, it was pretty hard to have a day job that required writing, because then I didn’t want to come home and write some more. It felt like work. Plus, copywriting isn’t exactly creative, so it wasn’t as fulfilling as being an author is.
- What drew you to writing a YA contemporary? They’re the stories I like to read the most. Plus, my writing voice is best suited to this genre. Maybe one day I’ll try my hand at something else, but for now, I’m really loving YA contemporary!
- How many manuscripts did you write before Match Me If You Can got picked up for publication? Match Me If You Can was my fourth book, but the first I tried to get published. Publishing is a long journey!
- Do you have any pre-writing rituals? I don’t really. I usually will catch up on my emails and notifications from sites like Twitter and Facebook. That’s a really bad habit, because it’s easy to get sucked down the rabbit hole and then lose the time I’d set aside for writing. I do usually like to have snacks on hand, because that always helps 😉
- What has been the best part of becoming a published author so far? Meeting new book friends! I love meeting everyone involved – from other authors to book bloggers, bookstagrammers, librarians, booksellers, and more. There are so many lovely, supportive people out there, and I’ve really loved getting to know everyone.
- As a debut author about to release your first book, what are you most looking forward to leading up or after release day? This might sound strange. But whenever people ask me what I do, and I say I’m an author, they always ask me if I have any books out. I’m really looking forward to being able to say yes instead of having to quantify my answer! I’m just looking forward to it being out there so other people can read it. Maybe my friends will finally understand why I’m so introverted all the time!
- What advice do you have for aspiring writers who want to write contemporary fiction? Just keep trying! Writing is hard, and there are a lot of obstacles in your way if you want to get published. Every author has faced rejection. But once they faced that rejection (multiple times, usually), they kept going. And if you want to write contemporary fiction, read a lot of it! Reading is one of the best things you can do to improve your own writing because you can see what does or doesn’t work with something else.
Tiana Smith is a copywriter turned novelist who grew up in the Wild West of Montana. When she isn’t writing, she’s chasing after her ninja boy, reading, or binging the Disney Channel. She’d love to be fluent in sign language, but for now she gets by with awkward hand gestures and even more awkward French. She has double degrees in Honors and English from Westminster College but wants to go back to school to be a lion tamer.
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads
Tour-wide giveaway (US/CAN)
Print copy of Match Me If You Can
Rafflecopter Link HERE
FOLLOW THE TOUR
–Little Bookish Thoughts >> Review
–Read Your Writes Book Reviews >> Guest post
–Introvert Booklover >> Review
–Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile >> Review
–The Book Dutchesses >> Review
–Coffee, Books and Cakes >> Guest post
–I’m All About Books >> Excerpt
–Firstbooklove >> Review
–Shirley Cuypers >> Review
–AC Squared Book Blog >> Excerpt
–Book Slaying >> Review
–Lisa Loves Literature >> Review
–Bookish Wisps >> Review
–Reading With Wrin >> Review + Guest post
–Book Briefs >> Review
–Colleen’s Conclusions >> Review
–Twirling Book Princess >> Excerpt
–The Clever Reader >> Review + Interview
–Sincerely Karen Jo Blog >> Review
–My Endless Shelf >> Review
–Smada’s Book Smack >> Review
–Oh Hey! Books. >> Interview
–Belle’s Book Blog >> Review
This book looks so cute! And I love the cover.
Yes! It’s super cute! The purple and pink hues are my favorite! 😍💜💗
Thanks for being on the tour! This sounds like a cute, fun read! 🙂
Thank you for having me! This was my first tour with you & it was so much fun! I enjoyed this book! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to read it!
I loved this interview and book! ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person